rta cabinets

8 Replies

Hey all ..... 

Has anyone ordered rta cabinets directly from China?

I would like references if anybody has...

PS flooring as well....

I already know about alibaba so i a looking for someone who already has done it...

tks

I have bought a lot of things from China but you have to be very careful in regards to quality and type of materials. I shy away from flooring from China but have gotten cabinets. Make sure they are carb-2 certified. Unless you are buying a container worth of stuff I am not sure it is worthwhile to get RTA cabinets from China because of shipping vs. cost of getting them in USA.

For smaller orders I have done ikea and have had no issues with them

I'd be careful with ordering something like rta cabinets from China. I always like to see things in person before purchasing if possible, but that's just me. I've ordered things from China before that looked way different when they arrived, so asking the company as many questions before purchasing is something I would highly recommend! If you do order the cabinets, like @Chris Seveney said, you definitely want to make sure they are carb-2 certified. 

Originally posted by @Tony Gatto :

were the ikea cabinets real plywood and was the cost palatable

If you have an "Ollie's Bargain Outlet" near you, they have cheap real plywood cabinets, both unfinished and finished. They also have carpet, flooring, tile, etc.. All seems pretty cost competitive and they have a landlord program. I use their materials in all my rentals. 

I have an RTA company all carb compliant, plywood boxes. thecabinetresource.com, we can send you a sample. we typically give BP members 10 percent off. PM me and I can help you out

I wouldn’t.

My last order of RTA cabinets from a local supplier, half of them came in damaged. It delayed thing, but my supplier dealt with it all and I just picked them up a couple weeks later. Not fighting with shipping companies, etc.

Definitely worth a few extra dollars.

Mike Sorry you had a bad experience. I have been using RTA for over 10 years. Did you buy them assembled or flat packed? Damage does happen on occasion by the shipping company, but replacements are easily done and takes only days versus weeks. Who did you use? 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you