Bathtub Reglazing - Denver

9 Replies

I had one done by "Miracle Method" and was quite pleased. They also did the tile walls in the bathroom and a kitchen counter for me.

It was a house I was selling, so I didn't get to live with the results long enough to say how well it held up over time but it seemed like quality work.

I did it on a flip and it looked great. Don't know how it held up. I did it on one that I am holding. It failed before I got the rest of the rehad done so I ripped it out and put a new tub in. Not sure what product was used. I wouldn't do it on a hold unless the tub reglaze was the only thing being done in the bathroom. Once you take down the surround you might as well replace the tub.

I talked to Miracle Method today and they gave me a quote of $615 to reglaze one bathtub.   They said the price is a little higher because I told them it's already got some kinda finish on it that is chipping off, so the extra amount is to make sure all of the old stuff is off before they start on the new.

Considering that a new bathtub at Home Depot is anywhere from $200 - $800, I'm not sure reglazing makes sense.  Will have to figure out how much it costs to do the install on something new and then figure out what makes most sense.

I had a company do my bath and tile to spruce it up before a refi. It was brown and outdated. There must be some kind of texture in the paint as it attracts dirt, etc 10 fold in the tub. Before you could spray and wipe. Now you have to scrub. It's been over a year.  

Originally posted by @Linda Weygant :

I talked to Miracle Method today and they gave me a quote of $615 to reglaze one bathtub.   They said the price is a little higher because I told them it's already got some kinda finish on it that is chipping off, so the extra amount is to make sure all of the old stuff is off before they start on the new.

Considering that a new bathtub at Home Depot is anywhere from $200 - $800, I'm not sure reglazing makes sense.  Will have to figure out how much it costs to do the install on something new and then figure out what makes most sense.

Linda,

I know this post is 3 years old but I wanted to find out what your decision was in the end. I have a rental bathtub (white) with white subway tile surrounding the tub. It's the original install and over 25 years old and seen better days. My realtor, also an investor, suggested refinishing tub and surrounding tile by having a company do a spray epoxy. Searching BP to see what others did and what was effective and lasting.

Originally posted by @Daria B. :
Originally posted by @Linda Weygant:

Linda,

I know this post is 3 years old but I wanted to find out what your decision was in the end. I have a rental bathtub (white) with white subway tile surrounding the tub. It's the original install and over 25 years old and seen better days. My realtor, also an investor, suggested refinishing tub and surrounding tile by having a company do a spray epoxy. Searching BP to see what others did and what was effective and lasting.

I ended up going for the reglazing and, three years later, couldn't be happier.  The finish has held beautifully.  Installing a new bathtub is VERY labor intensive (I did it in another property and wished I had reglazed instead), so the cost of installation (or trying to round up a circus of people to DIY) of a new bathtub makes reglazing something to seriously consider.

Thanks @Linda Weygant I appreciate the info. There is a Miracle Method when I searched the MD area where my property is located.

This is a photo of the current state of the tub and tile. I don’t want to replace it because I think just getting it cleaned up will do wonders. I long since had the shower door removed - tenants were not caring for it so off it went. I am also going to have the faucet and other fixtures replaced with new chrome.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you