• Developer
  • New Orleans, LA
Votes |
What color/sheen paint do you use in closets

Mike Wood
  • Developer
  • New Orleans, LA
Posted Nov 10 2015, 07:37

For all those DIY landlords, what color/sheen do you use on the inside of your closets?  

For my rentals, I take care of maintenance and unit turnover between tenants (cleaning, repairs/patches, paint touchups, etc). On our units (which are multifamily, so our turnover is higher than SFH), we use the same paint colors, using only three color/sheen's in the interior, an beige eggshell on the walls, gloss white on the trim, and flat white on the ceilings and closet walls.

The problem is that every time I turn a unit over, I have to completely paint the inside of the closet again, as the walls are scuffed and marked up.  I think this is due to using flat white ceiling paint, as there is no way to clean the paint on the walls.  

In contrast, the eggshell on the walls, I am able to wipe down where needed, and only have to touch up areas that have nicks, dark marks, etc.

I do like to minimize the different colors/sheens I use, to avoid having to have so many different paints to keep track off.  I was thinking that maybe changing to an eggshell white might help. Or it might just be a cost of doing business.

Loading replies...