Allure Plank flooring

6 Replies

It's not an upgrade from laminate, but as a landlord for a C finish property it's great for a DIY project. 

I actually have that flooring in my personal residence.  The previous owners put it in the kitchen and bathrooms.   It seems to be holding up well.  I don't know how long ago it was installed,  but I have lived here a little over 2 years.  There is one spot where there are larger gaps between the planks,  but I'm guessing that was an installation issue.  I plan to try this flooring where it makes sense in a future rehab.

I've used the vinyl plank from Shaw.  It looks really good.

We love this stuff...and many of the landlords on other forums I'm on do also.  Most who do not have hardwoods have given up on carpet, laminate and tile and use this instead.   We first used this in a dining room about four years ago; the current tenant has a teenage boy, a couple of grandchildren who she babysits frequently and a dog and the product still looks like new four years later.

We use a similar product called engage essentials vinyl plank flooring. My maintenance man says MUCH easier to install (compared to the type of allure that is click and lock vs. stick), and has 11 mil wear layer vs. allure'd 4. It is pricier than allure but we are keeping fingers crossed that it's the last floor we'll ever need to put down. 

I got a question to that topic. For a floating floor, is the clic/interlocking or the grip strip the better choice? I want to install it in a kitchen with a slightly wavy floor.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here