• Gainesville, FL
Votes |
cracked concrete slab - yard none issue but needs to be fixed

Daria B.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Gainesville, FL
Posted Mar 24 2016, 07:02

Good Morning BP,

I've put an offer on a house that has a concrete slab that is severely cracked. From the naked eye it looks like it should all be demo'd and redone. From the wallet it needs a better less costly solution, if possible.

The previous owners created an outdoor sunroom so they had someone pour a concrete slab and put an enclosed garden style building over it.  Painted the driveway, walkway, and this outdoor area floor the same  pattern (see pictures).

What likely happened is the yard was not prepared correctly, which formally was just dirt and grass. It could be the mix as well. No idea how long it's been like this or when it started.

While I have not secured the property yet as it's just an offer, if it is I want to be ready to call who I need to have a look at this.

I don't have a picture of the actual cracks but am getting those today, hopefully for a better view. Essentially, it looked to start in the middle and 4-point it's way out to the corners. Think the movie Earthquake with Charlton Heston, for those old enough. :-)

What type of contractor do I contact to have a look at this to get it fixed?

this is the driveway and the same painted concrete exists in the walkway and the sunroom in back.

jazzuci is no longer there and this picture only shows a very small portion of the flooing.

outside area of the room to give somewhat of an idea of the size of this structure over the flooring.

Loading replies...