Who can do floorpans of my multi-family after renovations?

4 Replies

Hi. Im in the process of renovating a multi-family in Yonkers, NY. I'd like to find someone that can do floorplans of the apartments after renovations. I always find the information useful to show prospective tenants and buyers. Im sure I can organise this through an architect office, but was hoping to find a cheaper deal. I was going to look at universities in architecture and interior design and give the job to a student. If you'd like to refer a friend or a contact for the job, let me know!

I'm really shooting from the hip here, but my take is if you want something "prettied up" with nice touches from a graphical program, students might not have access to that software.  

If you're just looking for something done neatly and to scale, you can do it yourself pretty easily.  Get some cross paper, then get staples to enlarge it to 11x18 or 18x24.  You are going to lose your professional & polished look, but I have doubts about whether architectural students can deliver that to you.  I may be off on that assumption though.  I'm only gauging by what I know of other professions.  

Finally, try CL to conncect with a draftsman at an architectural firm.  I did this many years ago and got someone who was unlicensed, but experienced and with access to all the software and tool.  

Promotion
Roofstock
Buy & sell single-family rentals online
Radically accessible real estate investing
Get access to exclusive property listings, proprietary data, and support to build your portfolio.
Learn More

Students will have the software to make pretty looking floor plans.  Architecture majors have drafting and graphic software.   I would try CL as well.  Another options is to use Sketch-up yourself.  Its free and very easy to use.   Its a 3d program but its easy to learn and google bought the company.

Approaching student is always a good way to go about it. Craigslist is also a good place to look. There are even a few apps that can turn photographs into basic plans. It all depends on what you are looking for. There are a few designers on BP, like me that specialize in working with investors who can provide basic services like what you are looking for. 

I'm curious though, were no drawings made before the renovations?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you