• Investor
  • TX
Votes |
Fix hardwood floors, or...

Roger S.
  • Investor
  • TX
Posted May 22 2016, 15:43

I am fixing up a new SFH I just bought. Pulled all the carpet out and found beautiful 2" oak floors in a bedroom and living room. Only problem is, the living room has about a 4x12 section where the wood was removed and plywood was put down. The previous owner said that it was done when the house was leveled. I could fix it with the flooring from the bedroom.

Would you go to the trouble to remove the bedroom floor to patch in the living room?    I figure it would take at least a whole day.   I'd have to pull up almost the whole bedroom floor and take the time to stagger the seams in the living room.  But putting down the vinyl planks i was planning on putting down in the living room would take half a day at least.   I'm just going to go with carpet in the bedrooms

The main issue is time.  I closed on the house last week, and due to my work schedule i have only 5 days to get it ready if I want to have a tenant in place by June 1st.   I always try to get a tenant in as quick as possible, because since I closed on the 18th of May, the 1st mortgage payment isn't due until July.   So Junes rent is a freebie, and it makes a big difference on the years income for the house.

Loading replies...