• Real Estate Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
My first repair

Kevin Cardinale
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Posted Jul 13 2016, 03:16

So a house fell in my lap, no seriously. Keep in mind the ultimate goal is to parlay this into launching my super real estate business. 

So this house has been completely vandalized: wires, pipes, walls, electric box, ceiling, a/c, even the interior doors. Here's the deal. My aunt is selling it to me and the repairs I make to the house, will offset, not only the cost of the house, but I can live mortgage free for the life of the repair cost. So it's like a front loaded loan? Something like that.

My problem is, I've never hired a contractor before, nor even used a hammer, and the only time I've used a drill was 6 months ago to drill into plant pots for drainage holes.

I've had a GC contractor and quote me a price that I could literally scrap the house and rebuild the entire thing, it was so expensive.

Could I have a rehabber here in vegas, come over, look at the place and tell me what they think it should cost, how I could pick up a hammer, try not to hurt myself, to cut down on labor, and estimate how much it should REALLY cost? and I'll buy him a pizza or something. mmm pizza. I love pizza.

Loading replies...