Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Amir Saeed
  • Investor
  • Bethesda, MD
Votes |
Need Assistance on Backyard Solution. Please assist.

Amir Saeed
  • Investor
  • Bethesda, MD
Posted Aug 21 2016, 10:43

I have a Row House in Baltimore, MD that I am rehabbing. The rehab is going fine with the exception of the backyard. My plan is to sell the row house after everything is complete. So far the rehab has taken most of my Budget. The backyard has some broken cement surface (about half) and some dirt. The wall (center Blocks, pieces) are also broken. Further the backyard has one tree close to the house wall and two at the end of the backyard. The steps are also made of cement and are in blocks which I have set aside for now.

I am trying to come up with the best and “cheapest” possible solution that would make the backyard appealing to sell the property. Here are some of the options so far I have considered. The total area is around 475sq ft.

• 1. Maybe cement the whole area that may include removing the tree next to the house. Hire someone to do the prerequisite (level the area, demolition), and put the cement on top of everything. Either buy the Cement bags? or look for a cement truck for one-time job. This choice is coming very expensive.
  • 2. Maybe put soil on everything so the broken cement surface and the dirt area is covered with the new soil. Remove the end broken center block wall, and stand a new deck, and get away from the cement poring issue.
  • 3. Maybe cover backyard with sand and use the pave-stone to make it look more artistic and appealing.

Please see the pictures. Please guide me with the best and the cheapest possible solution to solve this riddle. What would you do? This is my first time with an outside job. Please assist.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0p14aYuiYvmbmpEMF9Wb3ZDUkU?usp=sharing

Loading replies...