300.00 Kitchen Refresh

10 Replies

Painting the cabinets can make a huge difference and black will definitely wear better than white.

I would recommend that when you repaint the cabinets just make sure you take off all of the hardware because nothing is worse than painted hinges and pulls.

My choice would have been a glass backsplash over the vinyl wallpaper.  Been doing lots of these in our rentals using $4.99 12"x12" pieces from Home Depot.  Goes fast; looks good.

Gail

@Gail K.

I love that idea!

How do you put those on? Are they peel and stick?  Would you happen to have pictures?

These are put on like regular tiles (with mastic), then grouted.  I use the tiles with straight edges so they don't need to be cut.   It goes very fast.

These are good to use behind stoves (usually takes just four of these to cover this area); makes it easier to clean off any grease/food tenants can splash up from cooking.

I've never used the stick tiles yet so I don't know how well they would last around the heat of a range.

Gail

@Gail K. Oh I misunderstood! I thought you would put the wall paper in place and lay the clear tile over! But then you said Mastic and you meant you just used the tile only.

Do you have an item number for them?

This post has been removed.

Sorry; can't post the item number.  Some idiot from biggerpockets thinks I'm self promoting so the information has been removed.   

You'd need to go to your local Home Depot to check  out glass tiles.

Gail

@Gail K.

I was able to see the link before it was removed...I ran into the same issue when I posted a deal linking to HD or Lowes to share with others who might be looking for that item. It was deleted as well.

We used this type of tile as a border in the bathroom, Just cut it into strips it came out nice!

I am trying to find some good priced subway tile for a kitchen project. It is so tempting to go big and get something really snazzy like stainless steel tiles for the area behind the stove.. I wanted the arabesque stainless tiles but they are expensive. but its a rental, so I I have to adjust what I need.....Im constantly looking for deals!

That wallpaper is god awful!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.