• Albany, NY
Votes |
Investing advice

Jose Reyes
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Albany, NY
Posted Nov 4 2016, 09:42

Looking for investing advice from anyone who has been an investor or has dealt with an investor before.

My goal is to be more informed on how to approach investors and how to locate investors. 

From my experience so far, I have learned what documents are need for investors and what they like to see. I've also realized that when you're looking for smaller amounts of money a lot of investors won't do a deal. In my case I need about 20K to 30K on my investment properties that I own free and clear and I tried call every investing group in New York State. I got through to some and they either told me their minimum was 50K or they kept me around to pay for an appraisal and broker fee then wrote up a deal that would of put me in a bad position where I would of been paying back for than I needed. 

Some things to know about me. 

I am in my last semester in college and have started my own LLC by the name of Dream & Believe Investments. My income isn't where I want it to be right now because of the school contingency but my credit is at a fair rating (630 FICO). Because of this factor I was forced to go through hard money lenders and that situation didn't work in my favor. I hope to gain some expert opinion on how to go about getting financing for properties that need to be fully rehabbed for under 30K.

Thank you all in advice for your insight and expertise! 

Loading replies...