Votes
Gabriel R.
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
What do you fix first on a project?

Gabriel R.
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Jan 11 2017, 18:13

I'm new to bigger pockets and have been listening to a lot of the podcast over the last few weeks.  I'm interested in purchasing a 2 flat or 3 flat in the north side of Chicago but have found the market to be very competitive.  I've finally found 3 "decent" properties that need some TLC to bring them up to their old glory.  I've submitted my offers and the 3rd property which is on the the higher end (200k) has been accepted.  When I saw the property I knew it would need considerable work and after running the numbers I knew it was a good deal but I would have to do some of the fixing.  My question is how do I determine where to start? The property has new plumbing, new HVAC unit, both bathrooms have been 90% completed and new floors. The kitchen on both floors is non existing- Basement and attic are completely gutted plus it looks like it might need a new roof and siding on one side of the building.  My original budget for renovations was 40k but now I think I might of chewed off more than I can handle. 

Loading replies...