Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Turner#2 Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements Contributor
  • Investor
  • Maui, HI
Votes |
House at the bottom of a hill - Drainage help?

Brandon Turner#2 Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements Contributor
  • Investor
  • Maui, HI
Posted Oct 28 2009, 03:59

Hi, I own a house which is situated at the bottom of a large hill. The house itself is fine, but the garage sits back further than the house so that the back of the garage is only about 5 feet from the bottom of the hill. This 5 feet of space is consistently mud, and it gets so wet that in the winter (rainy season) water runs through my garage quite severely (there is a constant stream through it).

I know very little about drainage. How should I fix this? Due to the neighbors garage being 6 inches from my garage on one side, and my house on the other, I cannot just dig a ditch for the water to run.

Would digging down a few feet, then filling the area in with gravel help? Or installing a sump pump? and how would I do that?

Any ideas or suggestions would be great. My tenants would love to use their garage floor again :)

Loading replies...