Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Addessi
  • Investor
  • San Mateo, CA
Votes |
Ceiling Fans - What do you need to know?

Anthony Addessi
  • Investor
  • San Mateo, CA
Posted Apr 17 2017, 09:41

I am looking at putting ceiling fans in my new project in Redwood City CA.    I am also thinking about putting them in units that we have already remodeled as an upgrade if a tenant wants them for a price.  The units do not have AC as it is not standard for this area.  I do think this might be a nice perk to help get our units at the top of potential tenants list.   It does get up to 80% ten days a year or so and depending on the way the unit is facing it could get hot.  The work install will not be much, as right now we have standard lights so no new electrical is needed although some might need a new box to support the fan.  

1. What brands do people like?  I tend to go with great value for things that move in the units as I dont want the lowest cost that will become a headache.  
  2. Do you go with pull chain or remote (seems like remote could be an issue long term)?
  3. Do you put them in the family room or the bedroom?  I dont want to do both as this would be 3 fans for a 2bdr unit.
  4. Has anyone offer the fan to a current tenant for a monthly increase or flat fee?  My labor cost would be $150 to install plus the cost of the fan.
  5. Any other thoughts?

Loading replies...