Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Thomas Branson
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Leave my high paying job to be an agent?

Thomas Branson
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Apr 30 2017, 19:28

First off, I made this account to stay anonymous first and foremost. I'd hate for my employer or a coworker to see something with my name on a post like this and get myself in a sticky situation. Hope that's understandable.

Basics:

I'm 23.

Work 60 hours per week. I only have 2 hours of free time on work days, and most of that time is spent making my lunch, showering, and getting to work.

I have no credit card debt, no loans, no student debt. Simply a car payment and rent.

I make around $5,000 per month. Not ridiculous, but to be 23 with no responsibilities or much debt, it's fairly decent.

Long story short, I work a lot of hours and don't want a corporate job. I was considering saving up about 1 year's worth of expenses (minimum) and leaving my job on a good note, then taking up being an agent.

I would like to do start up businesses to sell, and do real estate on the side. I currently own two LLC's. One is a clothing brand (just launched, making approx. $300/mo, but have only been in business for 3 months) and I've already made back my initial startup cost. The other company is also a brand more based on accessories. No sales yet, just starting the website, legalities, etc.

Honestly, just doing some smaller side businesses from home to kind of get the basics down on what it takes to operate a small business. I figure it's better for me to work with sales, taxes, legalities, paperwork, shipping, etc through a small t-shirt company before jumping into something I can't handle.

I feel like working generally from home as an agent would give me more time to focus on my side businesses. My only concern is that I eventually want to, you guessed it, buy rental properties. I know this is going to be a challenge without a steady and consistent job.

I could go on and rant out the pros and cons forever. I would just like to know what you think.

Loading replies...