Cost/Pricing of sheetrock installation

5 Replies

After the flooding I am starting to shop around for a contractor to install the sheet-rock. Can I get some general pricing so I know more or less what to expect?  Maybe a range of price per sqft or baseline?
Thanks

I don't have a price to give you for Houston, but I'd ask you to consider that drywall guys there are probably in great demand right now and that demand is likely to be sustained with, of course, no increase in the supply. I would expect to pay through the nose, which means at least $2 per square foot for materials + labor.

Its going to be pricy.  May want to consider doing it yourself.  Labor will be double or more than normal.

Around here guys charge about .20 a foot to hang, .50 a foot to finish,  texture will vary depending on what you go with, if any.  That is just labor. A good hanging team and finisher will make well over 50 bucks an hour at those rates.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you