Odd Size Wall Oven Replacement

3 Replies

My single wall oven went out in my rental. It's measurements are 26" wide x 21.5" high.

Does anyone know if it is humanly possibly to find a replacement for this? I can do a 24" wide which is easy to find, but I can't find anything that will fit the height of 21.5" or less.

Any help to find 1 is very appreciated.

I bet your 26" oven was made to fit in a 27" cabinet. Ovens are often labeled as a different width than what they actually are. I wouldn't be surprised if your oven is marketed as 27" even though it measures smaller.

Also, don't be shy about modifying the cabinet if you need to.

What is the brand of oven and model & serial number of the one you are trying to replace?

Talk with a good appliance repair person, they often have connections. We had a tough time finding a replacement for a drop in oven that was more narrow than standard sizes. We finally located one. Just had to be persistent. Good luck!

We had to take an ancient 27" oven out of one of our rentals, and couldn't find a replacement that size. A few minutes with a jigsaw and I had an opening suitable for a 30" oven, which are easy to find. Hopefully you have a little wiggle room in your cabinet...it's pretty easy to modify the opening, and I didn't have to take a whole lot off.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you