Kitchen Cabinets Online Source

6 Replies

Is there a source online to purchase quality kitchen cabinets at a price that won't break the bank?  I will be checking with a couple of local cabinet makers on price as well.  Want to get the best bang for the buck cabinets.  They will be painted, not stained.  These will be used in a family members personal home.  Received bids from different contractors to do a whole remodel but it's just too expensive so figured I would help him out and we would do at least half the work ourselves to save some money and sub contract the things we don't feel comfortable doing.     

Hi @Guevara Mike ,

The absolute best prices I have found on cabinets in the store have been at Lowes. Below is a picture of one of my properties, the cabinets cost about $125 to $175 each for a total of $3,100. The downside is that because they are stock cabinets there are not alot of 'custom' things you can do with them.

PS - If you use any major retailer to install your cabinets, alot of times they will give you the cabinets for free and have you make up the cost in installation so you can save sales tax.

Try "The RTA Store" online. I used them for my last project. You can get the cabinets pre assembled or you can assemble them yourself. They ship for free if you buy enough. Lots of options in styles and colors. Good features like plywood boxes and soft close drawers/doors. They often have sales every month or so. 

Best bang for buck I've seen is Fabuwood. All plywood, soft close everything. RTA, often the local distributor can assemble them for you.

Check out this quality construction. Puts brands like KraftMaid to shame. Note the dovetail of carcass into the face frame, and no crappy plastic corner brackets.

I have used Lilyann Cabinets RTA and they were fairly good. Easy to assemble, soft close, plywood, etc... I have also used JSI cabinets (also RTA, but bought through distributors and they have always come assembled) and they are similar construction. Not awesome, but not bad. These are my go to for flips.

Originally posted by @Johann Jells :

Best bang for buck I've seen is Fabuwood. All plywood, soft close everything. RTA, often the local distributor can assemble them for you.

Check out this quality construction. Puts brands like KraftMaid to shame. Note the dovetail of carcass into the face frame, and no crappy plastic corner brackets.

@johann jells as a dealer of theirs I do love selling their cabinets, however be careful, their value (landmark and hallmark) lines, do come with the plastic clips on the corners.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.