Looking for a bathroom store with to buy the fixtures I need

5 Replies

I am doing a complete bathroom renovation at one of my properties and I have to buy all the bathroom related items.

I have been to Home Depot to see the items but they don’t have many things on display.

Most of the stuff they sell are listed on their website but not available on display.

I don’t like the idea of shopping first time for those items on the Internet because the pictures can be very deceptive.

There is no way to get a feel for the real quality and feel of those items just by looking at them.

Moreover, I am not convinced the prices at HomeDepot are the most competitive ones.

So my question:

Is there a big discount store for bathroom items located not too far distance from Hoboken or Jersey City where I could go to ?

I am looking for a discount store with big showroom; a store for bathroom items where builders would go. I’d rather drive there and pick the items/fixtures I like.

We've purchased many bathroom fixtures and more at Lowe's... we like the variety, quality, pricing and availability. If you have a Menard's in your area (wish we did) check out what they carry too. But by all means if you have a top notch plumber talk with them first about their recommendations. The service plumbers who repair, remove and install bathroom and kitchen fixtures have a wealth of knowledge about quality and ease of repair. Same with appliance repair folks when looking for appliances. Much more insightful than salespeople. Our plumber sometimes recommends a product from a plumbing supply house or specialty shop. Once he even found the perfect sink for us at Ikea.  So keep your options open. Good luck!

@Patrice Penda Have you tried General Plumbing Supply, they have a big variety of items in store and a showroom at many locations. There is actually one not too far from Hoboken/JC in Bayonne. It is straight south on Kennedy Blvd.  Hope this helps. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here