Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Dustin Mathenia
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
My first possible motivated seller how should I do this ?

Dustin Mathenia
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Dallas, TX
Posted Nov 17 2017, 08:23

I was contacted yesterday by a woman looking to sell her house. I asked all the usual questions found out she is 4 months behind on her mortgage. She owes about 213k on a house that is probably worth 295-305k . Depending on what it looks like on the inside. I am going to go look at it tomorrow I'm not sure if I should try to buy it myself with hard money which would be very expensive .whole sell it which I've never done and (really not a fan of whole sellers because all the ones I've meet are straight out of a seminar trying to show me "deals" that are no better than what' on the mls and often times on the mls ) sorry for the rant ... I would really like to get the house subject to even if I had to hand the woman 10-15k it could still be cheaper than hard money but could I still flip the house at this point ? Would I have to pay the 4 months back mortgage? Should I contact her bank first to make sure they know what' going on ? I've never done a subject to deal but I understand how it works and If she was intereted I would just explain it to her disclose everything up front and then just contact a real estate attorney to draw up the paper work ..what do you guys think 

Loading replies...