Hi BP Members,
Hope you're well. I'm considering vinyl plank options for a 1300 sqft rental property and recently received some Cali Vinyl Pro LVP samples. They're 5.5mm thick and do not have a built-in underlayment. I'm most interested in these because they have natural texture (indentations/etc that are significantly more authentic looking than LifeProof, Smartcore, and others I've seen). I was previously looking at planks only >7 or 8mm thick. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the following:
1) Have you used Cali Vinyl Pro LVP before? If so, what was your experience? Did you include an underlayment as well?
2) What are your thoughts on thickness of planks?
3) Would you recommend planks with built-in underlayment, or just adding in another underlayment?
4) What other brands would you recommend other than Allure?
Thank you for your help!
When you say thickness are you talking about wear layer? Thats most important... and it is measured in MIL thickness... commonly 6, 12, and 20 MIL. Also, I hear you only want to glue down the planks... not just lay down. Prep work is everything.
I installed the cali flooring in my basement directly over the concrete. It is a high traffic area from my pool. The flooring has been in for three years with 0 issues. One of the easiest floors I have ever installed.
i have NOT used Cali, but i have used Allure Vinyl Plank Flooring from Home Depot. I cant say enough about it. $1.59/sft, durable, looks like a million bucks, and cleans up well. They are not glued down, so removal is easy. You should not need an underlayment, unless it goes on a concrete floor.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you