Raleigh NC - Appliances

9 Replies

BP'ers I am in Raleigh NC with a small rental portfolio but growing. Does anyone have any good resources for buying appliances? I am currently looking for a microwave and possibly a range. Thanks

@Shaun Palmer

That question will likely start a debate ;-)

Are you looking to buy new or used? ... Energy Star or not?

We buy most of our {larger} appliances new and from Home Depot - after checking the competition to leverage their price match policy -  and take advantage of their 18-months no interest payment plan.    If you are ordering for multiple units or an entire building, they have a wholesale pricing program for landlords which is good.

1(506) 471-4126

@Roy N.

Who HD offer WSale price ? 

If you buy more than 1 appliance.

I buy all of my appliances from Sears. The Kenmore brand is great and I’ve found I can get better pricing than at Lowes or HD.

This post has been removed.

Originally posted by @Roy N.:
Originally posted by @David Burns:

I buy all of my appliances from Sears. The Kenmore brand is great and I’ve found I can get better pricing than at Lowes or HD.

Kenmore is made by someone else ("who" varies from product line to product line and from time to time), so you can usually find the same appliance (or nearly so) from the manufacturer.   While Sears use to be a great source, here in Canada they are going out of business ... all done at the end of the year.   HD will also match a competitors price + an additional 10% ... 

1(506) 471-4126
Originally posted by @Sai T. :

@Roy N.

Who HD offer WSale price ? 

If you buy more than 1 appliance.

I think its a few more than 1 ... our smallest was for 8 or 10 appliances going into a six-unit building.

We had a regional manager reach out and put us in-touch with the "commercial" rep.   When we are ordering multiple appliances- such as when we are rehabbing a newly acquired, previously unloved property - when can the volume/wholesale pricing and have everything delivered and installed.  

1(506) 471-4126

@Roy N.

Looking to buy new and it does not have to be energy star

If you're only buying one or two at a time, then Lowe's or HD is almost always going to be your best bet.

Lowe's has a lot of scratch and dent, and open box stuff for sale on the floor all the time. You can find some good deals on them most of the time.

www.applianceconnection.com

May take 2 or 3 weeks to get them but will save good money over box stores and even local mom and pops. If you don’t need an emergency replacement I highly recommend this website. For comparison, I was looking to spend close to 14k on 6 Frigidaire appliances when we built our house. I got all 6 on this website for 10,500 with almost an extra 1,000 in rebates. You won’t regret checking this place out.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.