Tim Kaminski
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Votes |
Concrete Yard! Ideas?

Tim Kaminski
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Posted Jan 11 2018, 17:09

Hello,

Did a quick search and didn't see anything like this similar so here we are.

I am currently under contract to purchase my first Duplex in Mid February.  Its a corner lot with both a shed and a carport.  The question I would like help with is what do do with the yard.  It is ALL concrete.  The old owners seemed to fill in the areas around the built pathways with concrete.  What is left is a multi color, rough, cracking concrete yard.

Not just that but there is falling chainlink fencing surrounding the property, all in the concrete.  The chainlink needs to go regardless but I was wanting to go wood fence to make it look nicer.  Was hoping to get suggestions or feedback from investors who have dealt with similar properties. Area is probably C+/B- and headed up.  

I was thinking either:

• SawZall the metal pole frames as close to the concrete as I can and just try to throw some concrete on top to smooth over these spots.  Keep concrete yards but try to smooth it over with a thin coat over the rougher areas and give it one solid paint color.

OR

• Break up the concrete with jackhammer, leaving the concrete under the carport and cutting out pathways to the doors.  These gaps would be filled with some type of low maintenance, decent looking, gravel/turf.   Not sure how turf will look but if it looks halfway decent then it is worth it.

OR

(Your Suggestion Here)

Thanks!

Loading replies...