Software for property management

8 Replies

My partner and I closed on a Quad property today. For now, we are planning to do the property management and looking for a low cost or free software solution to handle the property management. We both work full time in IT so a systematic process for rent collection, issue/maintenance log and tracking will be helpful. Any advice on experienced diy landlords ?

I use cozy.co which is basically a pretty nice/free property management software. Basically can send out an automatic monthly invoice for you, coordinate maintenance, etc.

Someone at a Meetup was plugging their own PM SaaS (I'm in the Bay Area so this happens kinda often...) and they showed me a demo -- that also looked pretty good since they had Twilio integration which basically allows for you to push SMS texts out to your contractors, etc. I believe this was Hemlane.

As a renter, I like Appfolio since you can just do a monthly direct deposit without the delay of sending checks, etc. and it is super convenient.

I have never used appfolio or any other softwares. Is this better than Cozy.co ?. 

Anybody got experience with Landlordy ?

Check out this post from an earlier date

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/92/topics/493...

They talk about different softwares and what they like about them. Quickbooks and appfolio seem pretty popular. Some people flat out recomend just using Microsoft office.

I have two duplexes and have no trouble keeping track of expenses with microsoft excel. I can see it becoming a problem if I start getting more properties though.

I like TenantCloud, user interface is nice and problems are usually handled promptly. Cozy is nice but they don’t have an app and they don’t syndicate to as many websites or give you a business website. I had also read about long wait times for rent money being deposited. But I like both of those. Cozy syndicates to Realtor.com and TenantCloud doesn’t. So they both have their pluses and minuses.
Rentalutions was easy to use but they had no landlord app or way to capture expenses like cozy and TenantCloud

@Moncy Samuel Rentalutions does provide a low cost solution which is only $24.99/month for up to 5 units. This allows you to advertise and list your properties, run rental applications and tenant screening, digital leasing, online rent collection, and maintenance tracking. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.