Starting a DFW REI Team

8 Replies

Hey what's going on guys, my name is Nick Morris and I am looking to start a REI team in tge DFW area. I live in Denton, TX but commute everywhere anyway. If you are interested in starting a team with me then send me a reply and we can talk.

Hey Nick. I'm in DFW as well and have been looking on the MLS for Denton SFR properties as well as other multifamily properties in DFW in general. Let me know if you want to meet up or something.

@Nick Morris - UNT Alum here. Happy to help you get started in any way I can. @Dylan Barnard and I connected a few weeks ago and met for lunch. Are either of you aware of any UNT student/alumni REI groups? If not, we should explore that.

Yeah Prof. Baen runs the real estate club on campus, so we can reach out to him or someone else that is part of that club. 

Yeah I have heard of the Real Estate Club at UNT and I actually know the president, the club really isn't a wekkly meeting type club, but more of an event based club. I would love to meet with you guys, an I will email you all right now.

This post has been removed.

Hi there. I am very interested in teaming up. I am new at rei but am committed to going all in and working in a full/time capacity. I have owned several business in the past with other partners and am looking forward to starting another company with the right individuals. What experience do you have and what value do you bring?

Dallas Based HML here. We operate all over Texas. What kind of team are you looking to build?

Thanks for all the replies guys! I am trying to start a acquisitions team including lenders, brokers, partners, and investors. My goal is to buy 250 units by the end of the year, we are currently under contract with 41 units so hope all goes well!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.