Denver - Investor with new RE license looking for brokerage

4 Replies

I just passed my Colorado RE exam so I could be my own realtor on future deals. Now I need a brokerage so I can get to work! Does anyone have a recommended brokerage that would be sympathetic to what I need? Going through brokerages one by one is a little mind numbing. And, I don’t want to be a full time realtor. Thanks of the future recommendations!

@Steve Burrell so what do you want from the brokerage? Sounds like a place to hang your license. If so, there have been a number of posts about the low budget brokerages. Use the search feature in the upper right corner of the page. There also have been a number of posts about where to hang your license in the area. Your search should turn up those posts as well.

Hi Steve, I am not sure which one would be best for someone only looking to invest. I am with Keller Williams and it is great for training and learning new things.  

Whichever brokerage you choose, be sure to get connected with some of the bigger Title companies. The Title Companies put on some great free training and also some great paid trainings. 

Good luck. If you have any questions feel free to reach out. 

Congratulations Steve! I am doing the same thing. I got my license last year and have had really good luck with a small company that works with fix and flip, scrap and builds and investors. I have been able to learn about what I want to do by watching others already doing it. All the best!

Steve,

Congratulations on passing your exam! I agree with Kevin's comment below that Keller Williams provides the models, systems, and training necessary for full time or dual career investor/agents to be successful. Most agents choose a brokerage based on the following criteria: culture, economic structure, technology, training, and support. Many brokerages offer a great mix of those concepts, however require agents to be full time. What I like about Keller Williams' model is that they offer all five to both full time and dual career agents like yourself. Additionally, I would suggest reading two books: The Millionaire Real Estate Agent and the Millionaire Real Estate Investor. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.