Plumbing Issue (Bathroom Sink) in Chicago Area

4 Replies

Hi everyone,

I have an issue regarding a bathroom sink in my rental unit. There is a slow leak under the sink, which seems to be coming from the supply line. I may be able to fix this myself by replacing the supply line, but not sure. There is also an issue with the water color . It does not seem to be as clear as the water from other sinks in the unit.

I am curious if anyone has any thoughts on how to fix or a reference for a plumber in Chicago (specifically 60605 area)?

Thanks!

@Nicholas Sanchez most likely you have galvanized plumbing, which most of the older buildings in the area have. If the water is a bit rusty, that is what is going on. If you can't fix it yourself, maybe @Ronan M. has someone that works that area? Try connecting with him. 

Thanks for the mention @John Warren but I don't have a plumber that works that area specifically.

But @Nicholas Sanchez from the sounds of it, it could be a diy fix but tightening up the water supply lines or getting 2 new ones. You might get lucky. A wrench and 2 new supply lines might be all it needs. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you