Interior Residential Fire Rated Doors

5 Replies

Does anybody have any knowledge/experience with purchasing and installing fire rated doors for a small multifamily (2-4 units)?  I just purchased a triplex in Lincoln, NE and am doing some minor repairs myself. One of the repairs required by code is that the entrance doors for each of the units need to be at least 60-minute fire rated, but I am having trouble finding a store that supplies this for an interior wood door. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Originally posted by @Travis Martin :

Does anybody have any knowledge/experience with purchasing and installing fire rated doors for a small multifamily (2-4 units)?  I just purchased a triplex in Lincoln, NE and am doing some minor repairs myself. One of the repairs required by code is that the entrance doors for each of the units need to be at least 60-minute fire rated, but I am having trouble finding a store that supplies this for an interior wood door. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Try Midwest Door and Hardware.....https://midwestdoor.net/

Don't feel limited to what the big box stores have listed on their websites. All of these big players have internal sales people that have access to many more products than what they offer to the public. Use it as an opportunity to build a long term relationship. The last real estate investor/developer I worked with had a long standing relationship with one of the big box stores, and the savings we got off of the retail price would blow your mind.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you