Tim Kaminski
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Votes |
Best Concrete Paint for Ugly Patio?

Tim Kaminski
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Posted Aug 8 2018, 19:03

Hey BP,

Working on some final projects for my duplex which has an all concrete yard.  Only thing is that it seems to have been made that way at different times so it is a mixture of plain concrete, painted concrete, painted over pathways, and all different colors.  Wanted to try and find a cost effective solution to making it less of an eyesore for my tenants and future tenants.

Have considered 

• Resurfacing, due to large amount of cracks and such but far too expensive for my liking.  The yard drains properly and thats all I care about.
  • Covering it with pavers.  Again, expensive and quite a large area to cover.  600-800 Sqft.  Also surface is uneven so would think that could get tricky.
  • Putting down a concrete texture from a hopper gun.  This would cover up some cracks, give the surface more uniformity.  I guess I would paint after.
  • And finally, Painting.  Would prefer a textured concrete coating but they all seem rather expensive for not a lot of coverage.  In that case I started just looking at regular concrete paints/stains but couldn't find one that seemed like a standout pick of durability and affordable.  A lot of these products seem to have issues if directions not followed to a T. 

I want a uniform color that will last years but not break the bank on putting it down.  This is a rental in B- area.  Any suggestions from you DIY'ers?

Thanks,

Tim

Loading replies...