Drywall with seams that aren't taped.

5 Replies

I am reaching out to see if anyone knows anything about the type of drywall that is designed to be hung vertically from floor to ceiling, glued to the studs, and has no nails except the bottom(under trim, and top)hidden behind crown molding. In the corners they tack some small 1/4x 1" boards to clean off

I purchased an 8 unit property consisting of 4 duplexes. There is some interesting construction techniques that I haven't seen too often. One being the walls which have drywall described above. The edges have a smooth quarter inch rounding which the sheets butt together. After painting, it looks just great. Lots of labor saved on the installation but I have yet to find info on the internet regarding the technique or product. 

I am hoping someone else knows more about this and specific type of drywall that is used. It doesnt have the indent that normal sheets of drywall has on the long edge. 


They are drywall sheets. Had to replace a section near the kitchen cabinets. I have never seen drywall like this before and am curious to learn more. I have a significant amount of renovation experience so I do understand the difference between different materials. 

@Wayne Brooks  It could have been a modular construction for the units. Just wondering what that type/style of drywall is called.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you