• Norfolk, VA
Votes |
Live In Flip

Maya Torres
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Norfolk, VA
Posted Mar 3 2019, 10:34

Hey everyone!

My husband and I are going to be closing on a live-in-flip in a few weeks. We’re going to be living there for at least 3 years but it will inevitably be sold. It’s in great shape..inspection went well..it’s just very very ugly. It has some cute features but overall it’s just very outdated. We have a tight budget of 20k for a cosmetic remodel and most of the work we will be doing ourselves along with my father in law who used to work in construction (Hardwood floors, 2 bathrooms, 4 bedrooms.) The kitchen and 1 load bearing wall will be contracted out..and thank God it’s not a huge kitchen. It’s the load bearing wall that’s already eating up the budget but it has to go. Bedrooms and living rooms will be mostly paint..new sideboards..new closet doors..etc. Nothing crazy. However, we cannot go over budget. With the comps in the neighborhood it doesn’t really make sense either. So my question is, what’s the cheapest reno you’ve ever done..how much of it was DIY..and anything tips to cut costs but not corners would be appreciated! Thank you!

Loading replies...