Rehabbing & House Flipping
Account Closed
  • Philly PA
Votes |
Thinking about going back to school...

Account Closed
  • Philly PA
Posted Jun 3 2019, 00:30

So I have a good career as a nurse, I’m on schedule to make about $100k this year but I know this isn’t what I want to do for the rest of my life. I want to buy and hold properties and become financially independent enough to pursue my real interests. I have a pretty extensive background in construction and remodeling- my Dad has been dragging me to work sites since I was three years old. At this point I consider myself a ‘jack of all trades’ I can frame out a wall, hang and finish drywall, rip up a floor, repair the subfloor, put down new flooring, basic electrical work like swapping out light fixtures and wiring a run of outlets, strip a roof and lay down new shingles or a metal roof, install a window or new door, hang kitchen cabinets, tile and grout a backsplash, very basic plumbing work like swapping out a tub or sink, I can build outdoor structures like decks, ramps, etc. These skills will certainly help but...

I’m thinking about going back to school to become a certified electrician or for HVAC but I’m not sure which would be more beneficial? I would still work full time (nights, weekends) though I may have to take a lower paying position while in school. Once I’m done with school I would be able to work on my own properties and/or have a really awesome part time job in addition to my full time job. I really can’t decide what route to take- or maybe something else entirely? Thoughts? Advice?

Loading replies...