High end flip: kitchen

7 Replies

Hi Folks,

Looking to install a kitchen in a lower high end house whatever that means. What style do you put in? Is it stills shaker? Show me yours!

What is "lower end"? Most of what we install is white shaker with black hardward, black granite and stainless appliances. Current kitchen is in a $400k house so it is quarts top and "black stainless" appliances because they're more trendy right now 

Originally posted by @Bryan Devitt :

What is "lower end"? Most of what we install is white shaker with black hardward, black granite and stainless appliances. Current kitchen is in a $400k house so it is quarts top and "black stainless" appliances because they're more trendy right now 

yeah, I meant about 850-1.1mil range houses. Do you have photos?

How many sq ft? I can get 5k sq ft by me for $1m or 1k sq ft 45 minutes east for the same price. If you're on Instagram look up JCH cabinets. He does higher end work on the SC coast and will give you a good idea of what kind of kitchens are going into higher end houses that get put into magazines 

Originally posted by @Bryan Devitt :

How many sq ft? I can get 5k sq ft by me for $1m or 1k sq ft 45 minutes east for the same price. If you're on Instagram look up JCH cabinets. He does higher end work on the SC coast and will give you a good idea of what kind of kitchens are going into higher end houses that get put into magazines 

about 2500 sq ft 

Originally posted by @Account Closed :
Originally posted by @Bryan Devitt:

about 2500 sq ft 

Look up Vintage Builders on IG and go through their projects. Some of their houses are ridiculous money ($7-12M) but most of their projects are right around your sq ft pricing. After you look up those two companies you will probably get some suggested people to follow that are comparable 

I am trying to decide between standard shaker like here

and flat glass surface, like here 

Smooth panel is in for modern but the buyer pool for that is a lot smaller than traditional. If you're in a hipster neighborhood it might work. Your best bet is to search the MLS and see what just sold for the best sq ft price and see what their kitchens are, then see what is still on the market for the same sq ft price and see what they have for kitchens. You will see a trend that will push you in the right direction

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you