Votes |
Raising Capital for Real Estate Investment Funds

Peter Neill
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Newtown Square, PA
Posted Nov 19 2019, 09:18

Hey All!

I'm raising $6MM for my residential property fund and $12MM for my first mortgage fund. 

My goal is to raise the capital over the next 6 months! 

I'm looking for strategies, tips, suggestions for raising capital! 

Little background on me - I've been raising capital for real estate and note investment funds for the past 5 years. 

Started my career raising capital for a well respected, established real estate investment company in the Philly area. 

The President and CEO has a great reputation and track record. He is a national speaker, speaking at events and on podcast regularly. 

He got the phone ringing and I built rapport, closed the deals and managed the accounts.  

I was at the company for about 4.5 years and decided to leave to expand my professional experience and personal brand. 

I am now a co-owner and Vice President of Investor Relations for GSP REI. We are a real estate and note investment company based in the Philadelphia area that operates throughout the Mid Atlantic, Southeast and Mid West Regions. Our focus is currently acquiring, revitalizing, leasing and managing or reselling workforce and affordable housing units. My business partners have over 80 years of combined real estate and note investing experience in all aspects of the industry including financing, asset/construction/property management, rentals, rehabs, new construction, single family, multi family, commercial, mixed used, self storage, student housing, and real estate notes.

The purpose of this forum is to share how I've been raising capital and learn from you on how you raise capital!

Here are some of the things I've been doing....

1. Setting up events in the Philadelphia area. 
  2. Scheduling speaking engagements at real estate investment meetings. 
  3. Scheduling podcast and webinar appearances. 
  4. Connecting with local investors and real estate professionals I meet at events and around town. 
  5. Posting on BiggerPockets!
  6. I also plan to shoot video content and have been contemplating starting a podcast... what's your thoughts?

Please share what works for you - any and all strategies and suggestions are helpful!

Thank you!

Loading replies...