Window Replacement ideas

7 Replies

Hey BP!

I am getting close to finishing up a rehab in Pensacola, FL and am having a hard time finding a good source for windows.  We have codes that require us to use impact windows or suitable storm protection.  I have gone through many places in the area and am curious what is the best route.  Is there an option to buy from a national wholesaler that anyone has found?  I have plenty of guys willing to install, but can't seem to get the actual windows for a non crazy price.  Of course, we are in a smaller city with not a ton of competition. Any insight would be great.  Thank you in advance.

Try searching online for distributors in other coastal locations. It may require some extra delivery or you to make a trip for pickup but sometimes spreading out the area you are looking can open up new options. Good Luck! Aaron

If you can get away with standard sizes, Surplus Warehouse has great pricing.  They may be able to order what they don't keep in stock. 

Builders Material Outlet has some fantastic buys but its hit or miss finding your sizes.  

Let us know if you find a good source.

@Dave Becker Hello Dave I am also ordering windows. I went through Advanced Home exteriors  

They ship anywhere. I think they will also meet your requirements for your region.

Look up Window World. I am getting my windows replaced at ~$600 each, including the impact resistent/hurricane whatever features. They haven't started work on it yet, so standby on the review there. However, all the online reviews are pretty good.

Try Alside windows they have a great warranty, I see they have a rep in your city.

I have them in my home I live in , and rentals they replaced few windows that were 17 years old the seal broke.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you