No experience, No money, 1 home, have a plan

2 Replies

MyDad has left me a two bedroom one bathroom single-family home in East Austin not far from downtown. The home needs to be rehabbed, but I have no money.I plan on listing the property on Airbnb because of the number of people visiting Austin, and the Covid restrictions being lifted. With the returns from the Airbnb I plan on covering the rehab cost and services. I am new to real estate and looking to get started can anyone help?

If you own the home free and clear you can do a cash out refinance and get cash that way or you can do a Home Equity Line of Credit, which allows you to borrow against the equity in the home, kind of like a credit card. Speak with a lender and they can help you with the best solution. Good luck!

Originally posted by @Courtlan Ross :

MyDad has left me a two bedroom one bathroom single-family home in East Austin not far from downtown. The home needs to be rehabbed, but I have no money.I plan on listing the property on Airbnb because of the number of people visiting Austin, and the Covid restrictions being lifted. With the returns from the Airbnb I plan on covering the rehab cost and services. I am new to real estate and looking to get started can anyone help?

Like as has been said, do a home equity loan for the amount you need. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you