Some advices if possible, KC Missouri House, sewer back up, plumber found blockage, when opened, they realize the house do not connect to main sewer line, but to a community line I do share with several houses. The community line is also broke in several spots and when make a left to connect to the city... they are more broken spots including under sidewalk and road, which huge expense. The other houses are vacant and they will not help with expenses (from their feedback), even though are in the same situation.
Bottom line have 2 options:
- Do a new line from the house to city main (permits, sidewalk, road, etc)... 30K
- Fix the community line myself ... 35-45K
The KC MO City is saying, is in your side, your expense.
It is obvious the 30K is the best bet, but have couple questions:
- Can I take this legally somewhere?
- My sewer backup insurance have a cap of 10K, but based on the situation above not sure if they will cover anything.
- I am entitled to have sewer directly from the city? The city is pretty much.. I give you sewer down the block, figure it out how to connect there.
Updated 26 days ago
Wrong forum category.
@Lam Huy I spent the last 15 plus years is the water and sewer business before moving into real estate full time. Feel free to contact me if you would like to talk about this. I have a few questions and might be able to give you some advise to take to the city. Good luck.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you