Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Carol T.
  • Garner, NC
Votes |
bamboo strand flooring for a low end rental or not? Help!

Carol T.
  • Garner, NC
Posted Aug 27 2013, 21:14

We were planning on porcelain tile in the kitchen, and baths, a thicker laminate in all other areas except bedrooms were I can get very inexpensive carpet replaced between tenants if needed. I surveyed and renters preferred carpet under feet in bedrooms.

I have come across a good deal on a strand bamboo click flooring that looks like engineered wood though not considered such. Has 25 year structural warranty, 50 year finish wear warranty with 13 layers of aluminum oxide finish on it, and could be refinished several times if ever needed it, looks like engineered click flooring for about same price as the laminate.

I know there are installation parameters which do not scare me but the issue of constant humidity issue regulation- power does go out sometimes.We are in NC.

Does anyone have experience with good bamboo flooring in a low end rental that you are keeping not flipping?

With the cost so good 2.14 sq ft need to be convinced if bamboo is a no no. It is only a little higher than a thick laminate would be since we live by the Pergo outlet. It can be installed in kitchens and initially was planning on laminate through the kitchen too till I became educated.

Despite the fact the bamboo is more moisture resistant than wood, I assume in a 40 year old low end rental we might still be pushing our luck by changing and placing this in the kitchen too.

Experience and opinions please.Our first rental and never have had anything but the old type hardwood floors.

Experiences, nightmares or opinions on bamboo please! It does seem that as far as it goes is a good quality product with good warranty for bamboo.

So it is down to whether bamboo is a nightmare in NC or not.

Loading replies...