Do You Know Your Real Estate Investing Terms?

59 Replies

You have spoken, and we have brought you another quiz :) - we hope you have just as much fun with this one!

Take our QUIZ written by David Greene and see if you know real estate as well as you think you do! (Remember, this is meant to be fun!!!!!!!! - so try not to take it "so" seriously :) )

If you would like to read more about David and his REI knowledge - please visit his blog page - as he is also a writer on our BiggerPockets Blog!

Have fun!

Man, 11/12. That last one was worded just to be tricky I think. Also, I guessed at the Bigger Pockets name, but I figured that made sense. Keep the quizzes coming!

while 100% on this test was quite simple.. the first question about prime rate the answers given NONE of them were correct   who ever made these questions missed that one.

The question about Prime rate doesn't have right answer. Can't you guys have Brandon look at this stuff before it goes out, or is he too busy growing a beard...lol

This is kinda funny, if you think about it - on BP, multiple choice without the right answer :)

@Darren Sager - you take this quiz yet ?

It looks like I did learn a couple things after researching and being active in learning the past month or so!  7/11 is not where I want to be but its better than where I was! More to go!

I think the goal here is to answer the way most people answer. So 'HELOC for rental property' questions are ok. They don't exist, but most people believe they do, so that's ok. 'Listed Foreclosure' would fly too... although that doesn't exist (it's an REO that's listed...)

Reminds me of a quiz question on a NC broker's class exam. The question was (paraphrased) 'what is the tax stamp on a property that sold for $50,000?'  One of the answers was $0. Another was $100. I answered $0, since that was the amount paid on the last 6 properties my company bought. That answer, BTW, was WRONG. The answer is $100 AND $0. I was buying REOs from a GSE and they are taxed at $0. That's the RIGHT answer. But "normal" brokers will say $1 per $500... so $100 is the RIGHT answer.   LOL!!!

I scored 100% and shared it on Facebook for you BP folks.  

Note the question about IRR should really have the following as the correct answer:

-IRR stands for "I rationalize risk" or "inflated rate of return" ;-)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you