Do you know Contractors, Contracts and Construction?

80 Replies

Honestly - How well do you think you know Contractors, Contracts and Construction? Well, lets see!

This new quiz is brought to you buy our member Marshall Downs from Michigan.

Take his QUIZ and see how much you know! 

Let us know how you do. GOOD LUCK!

I got a 10/10. (Disclosure; I own a construction company so I'd hope so)

Someone else got a 100% & didn't even let us know who they were? Come on that's a good score. Same with the 4 above 70%. There were some pretty technical terms in that quiz. Anything above 70% is pretty solid.

90%...I guess I do know a little. Civil Engineer by trade.

Degree in construction management and project manager for a commercial general contractor, but I got two wrong - the ones about liens. I guess we don't deal with liens much. I spend my time doing submittals, RFIs, documentation, as-builts, change orders and am just a piece of the 60mil project.

90% - real estate developer by day

90%- Occupational therapist

(used to be a contractor!)

80%.. but I've had a few adult beverages......

I got 90%. I worked as an auditor for a construction company and dealt with contracts, retainage, release waivers, etc.

Licensed General Contractor .. I better know the answers. I had to click two times on the answers, so I can see where some people might end up getting a wrong answer. 

Result: 100%

SHARE YOUR RESULT

8/10 .. Finance background, now an agent. Everything I know about construction I learned on BP!

90% here. Background in construction. Currently work in the Rent to Own industry. Fun quiz!

80% - made me think! Newbie! :)

I got an 80% (apparently I knew more than I knew?).

100%. Banging nails since, we’ll since 20 extra unwanted pounds ago, so it’s been a while 🔨👍🏽

50/50 still to learn some terms in the construction. Honestly thought I knew more. Never mind can try again.

8/10. Great quiz! There were things in there that I didn't know that I didn't know. Thank you for providing the study topics @Hilary Catton !

Really good quiz. Had me pausing on force majeure. I got all right but I guessed on that one. Been building all my life and never heard of that one. So in reality I got 9/10. If that word had been in Spanish instead of French us Texas contractors with have got it no problem lol. 

I got 60% but am completely new to this world. I have some new topics to google so thanks for the push!

Originally posted by @Marshall Downs :

@Mike Reynolds Force Majeure especially relevant this year!

Agree. This has been a bad year. I've been looking into it since you taught me that phrase. You can teach an old dog after all. I thought heck yeah this quiz will be a breeze. It goes to show you that you never stop learning. 

@Mike Reynolds

So true! That's the beauty of this site is we get the combined brain trust of so many others in the industry. 

90%. I got one of the lien questions wrong. Not surprising, since I've never had a lien placed on anything of mine! I had an advantage on a lot of the rest as I work in the utility industry and deal with developers and engineers all day. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide