Do you know Contractors, Contracts and Construction?

84 Replies

@JD Martin

Good score! Not everyone deals with construction lien laws, but on certain projects the management of this paperwork is not only necessary, but mandatory. Many types of financing and any government project will require sworn statements, lien waivers, etc. and I recommend any owner do the same. It provides an added layer of protection, accountability and transparency. 

For instance, if you've paid your general contractor and they in turn haven't paid one of their subcontractors they have the right place a lien against the project. Bad scenario...and one I hope you never encounter! 

@Marshall Downs that was fun. Maybe you can pick some other niches you're interested in and create some others. Some time ago a BP member used to do a 3 on 3. He would pick a subject and create 3 questions. He then chose 3 people with experience in that subject and active on BP to answer the questions. You had a few days to get the answers back to him, and then he'd put on the forums. It was fun.

Cool quiz. Thanks for taking the time to test us all.

I'm not sure if everyone had the same ten questions, but I caught a slight red flag in one of the questions.

PSF =/= per square foot

But, PSF does = pounds per square foot

The same way ksf = kips per square foot

- Mike

This post has been removed.

Result: Core Mogul
Kool strategies test, very true in results but I do plan to take on major projects to be more hands on the with my experience as a carpenter helps I'm my brrr strategy
Thanks,
love to learn new things especially about self! :-)

9/10 Real Estate Investor (former construction, water restoration, mold remediation, laborer. Aspiring to be future real estate agent, developer, accredited investor, and real estate mogul.) Disclaimer: took the test twice smh

100%, but the Force mejour (probably spelled that wrong) one was an educated guess as I had never heard of it before. The rest would be fairly easy for someone who spent time in the Construction trade (management more so than in the field).

Pulled a 9/10, I miss-clicked on a question. I have worked in construction virtually my whole life and currently do Project Management and estimating so I was pretty familiar with everything listed here.

It was still a fun quiz, and everyone should take it to see where they need to round out some knowledge.

The learning never stops!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here