New Construction Single Family Rentals

1 Reply

I would like to build a couple single family rentals.  I have located a couple decent lots to build on in a decent neighborhood and a really good price.  I was thinking 3/2.  Does anyone have any sources for floor plans that you may have used in he past with success.  I think we get these  done for $100-$115/sf.  Current rent in the area is 900-950 with a very small invetory of rentals or homes on the market for sale. I welcome any comments or pointers 

Thanks

I recently built a 3/2, ~1200sf with 2 cg and started by looking at many small house plans online.  There are plenty of sites with many options...once i found a couple i liked that fit my lot and neighborhood, i marked them up with some specifics i wanted, then went to a designer/drafter and had him draw up a set of plans (that I needed to take to the city to get approved and permitted).  I did get a couple of quotes from architects but they were much more expensive than the drafter.  One benefit the architects offered was on site support during construction, but since i was acting as the general contractor and somewhat knowledgeable about construction, didn't feel i needed that.  We had just a few minor issues during framing that i was able to handle.  We were all in for about $106/sf not including land; rented it for $1275 plus all utilities.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you