• Investor
  • Cottonwood, AZ
Votes |
Laminate Flooring... HELP

Brenda Whittaker
  • Investor
  • Cottonwood, AZ
Posted Oct 27 2017, 19:27

My rental was completely destroyed.  So far, over $20,000 in damage.  I have never felt this level of stress, stuck out of state in heavy heavy debt, homesick, waiting for contractors who do not show up.  Fine new ones, decided to install laminate floor.  I get totally lost in strange city an hour away from the house, desperately searching for the flooring store I had to go to three times because contractors were wrong on their math.  I find the store and they inform me that the floor which is now half laid should never have been laid without a water barrier.  Contractors say the pad I got is already enough , its water resistant.  Store says no, you need water resistant pad and a plastic sheet, a barrier between the floor and the pad.  They argue with the contractors who said they were just trying to upsell me, but it was only a $20 item.  I was so upset with them I fired them, and got a free roll of water barrier from sympathetic managers.  I bring it all home and contractors stayed to finish the job, just to be nice to me.  They said I didnt need the barrier because the pad is water resistant.  I argued the store point, and contractors said they would do whatever I want, and lay the barrier under the rest of the floor.  I am beat, I go take  a lunch break, and come back to find they put the barrier on top of the pad.  I lost it.  So, what are the consequences.  I dont really want to hear.  

Loading replies...