Rehab foundation question

3 Replies

Morning all. I was hoping for some input on foundation repair. Bought a SFH with bowing basement walls knowing they needed replaced/repaired. 1 option is replacing the walls but they are booked until July! We can have a basement repair "system" put in within the month, but it's more expensive and I'm not sure how potential buyers would view that. Anyone dealt with this in the past or sold a home after having a repair "system" put in? My thought is to wait til July, but that's a lot of holding costs, and I worry about it ending with sticky windows, cracked drywall, etc after the new foundation is placed. Thanks for any advice!

It's an old block basement. Basically here we're never any gutters on the home and the grade of the landscape did nothing to help funnel water away. It's our first rehab and I want to do it right. Just didn't want to wait that long to begin work on the interior. Thanks for checking in btw!

Can you be a bit more specific on what this basement repair "system" is that you were quoted? Generally speaking, I have seen very limited success scabbing a basement foundation wall back together. If it is bowing in to the basement space, there is significant pressure being put on the wall from the outside. The only way to stop that is to counteract it which tends to eat up a lot of basement space. Especially if it needs to be braced. Any water coming in to the basement after it rains?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here