Who has used a good Rehab Estimator Tool?

4 Replies

I'm trying to find an estimator tool to help speed the process of estimations. Coordinating with the different contractors to come estimate, bid, approve and so on, just takes up too much time. 

I'm looking to get software that i can input what needs to be done and have it calculate the pricing so i can move along a lot faster.

Anyone have success with this?

I have not found a program like this that exists the best option is to learn what common repairs cost such as x number of dollars for a new kitchen or x number of dollars per square foot of flooring etc. you can then create your own spreadsheet in excel and calculate it that way.  But there is no centralized software mainly because contractors can charge very different rates even in the same market.

I couldn't agree with @Aaron Klatt any more, most of the books I've read, and from the mass amounts of research I've put in to understanding flips points towards two things: (a) Calculate based on numbers you are familiar with (ex: $X for a new kitchen, or calculate based on an average per-square-foot cost), and, (b) Understand that each area has it's own, respective, cost for improvements based on your location.

I was looking around for information on this very topic and I came across this website and saved it.

http://www.samuelcthomas.com/home-repair-calculator

I have not used it, so use at your own risk. No idea how accurate it is.

This software is absolutely incredible, the program is free for the first month. I can’t wait to hear about your experience!
https://realeflow.com/

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.