I have way to high of a price can I go back on it?

9 Replies

So for my construction crew to do this job I told them $9,000 for the job but know I could have got them to do a lot cheaper I kind of screwed up I feel like because they gave me a bid for a house 3x the size of this house for the same amount I just remember. Can I go back on what I said?

WHAT...........................lol.

I’m sorry haha. So I’m about to start a entire house remodel. I told my construction crew the price and I make a mistake and now I know it was to high. They would have did it for a lot cheaper. Can I go back and talk to them and change plans?

Originally posted by @Joshua D. :

I’m sorry haha. So I’m about to start a entire house remodel. I told my construction crew the price and I make a mistake and now I know it was to high. They would have did it for a lot cheaper. Can I go back and talk to them and change plans?

Yes you can.

What they will say ----who knows!

Why would you tell your construction crew how much you want to pay? They should be giving you a proposal. How do you know they can do it cheaper?

You can go back and ask for them to do it cheaper, but like stated above, how they react could be to hold firm (assuming you are under contract) or walk away.

Being a complete dummy. Idk just excited about the deal I got and knowing my gap I said a higher number. But you never know and I feel any amount I can save is better

Why not? Worst case is that you get a no. Tip for next time: Have the budget in your mind and then ask for a bid. And then negotiate it back and forth until you get to a number that is agreeable to you both. As you saw in this case, don't offer your number until you hear a projected cost.

Have they started work yet? Have they passed on other opportunities as a result of your conversation?

Of course you can back out... perhaps without liability.

You may also damage the relationship beyond repair. Ultimately this is a business decision.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.