Anyone ever use Bathfitters?

3 Replies

Hey all,

I am looking to refresh a bathroom for a property I plan on renting out in the next month or so. I have seen ads for Bathfitters and it seems to be a low-fuss option which is appealing. Curious if anyone has used Bathfitters before. If so, would love any insights and reviews folks can provide. 

@Javier Sanchez

I, personally, am not a fan of Bathfitters. The technique used by both Re-Bath and BathFitters just seems to me like a cop out. You are only covering up the tiles and the bathtub. What do you think is happening underneath that shiny and clean looking fitting? Limescales and molds would grow and you will be none the wiser because its covered up. Even in a rental, I would do a more thorough rebuild of the bathroom. That way you are not calling back the company because the glue came off. 

They wanted $ 3k to put a plastic liner over a tub . I called cause I was wondering . I had a guy spray the tub , It is goung on 11 years with 2 young boys , a couple scratches but a great job

Your only going to cause more aggravations and issues in the future by installing a product over an existing shower, just think theirs a lot of moisture in a bathroom, wheres all that gonna go, right behind the new shower. For the cost of bath fitters for a little more money depending on the size of the bathroom you can do a total reno. Not only will a complete bathroom update add value to the property, it will also assure you, you have covered anything that can go wrong in the future. Do it right the first time and be done with it

Michael Gessner, Contractor

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.