Basement at Home (before & after)

4 Replies

I have been hating the basement and wanting a change since I bought our home (a raised ranch built in the 60s) about 3 years ago. I am sure the previous owners put quite a bit work on it, and it possessed its uniqueness. Though I couldn't really appreciate it...

What pulled the trigger was an incidence that I attempted to take down a broken drop ceiling tile, but ended up with all the dust and mouse droppings above it falling all over my face......

This is a minor cosmetic job completed in three and half day by my contractor and one of his guy. Below are the before pics, working pics, and after pictures. Any questions/comments/suggestions/advice are welcome.

Before

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

After

r

It went from a dungeon to an actual living space. Great job. Is there a bathroom down there or laundry?

Looks great, the lighting alone made a big difference!  Would be interested to see the numbers if you're willing to share!

@Anthony Rodriguez Thank you for your kind words. The laundry is on the other side (unfinished side) of basement, but there is no bathroom. I was tempted to put in one, so that the basement alone would be more functional, and might become a rental unit as it has separate entrance. But my husband is not a fan of that idea. So we leave it the way it is. 

@Kiley Nakamura Thank you Kiley. 

$558 for floor materials, $3350 for labor and other materials.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here