Basement at Home (before & after)

4 Replies

I have been hating the basement and wanting a change since I bought our home (a raised ranch built in the 60s) about 3 years ago. I am sure the previous owners put quite a bit work on it, and it possessed its uniqueness. Though I couldn't really appreciate it...

What pulled the trigger was an incidence that I attempted to take down a broken drop ceiling tile, but ended up with all the dust and mouse droppings above it falling all over my face......

This is a minor cosmetic job completed in three and half day by my contractor and one of his guy. Below are the before pics, working pics, and after pictures. Any questions/comments/suggestions/advice are welcome.

Before

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

After

r

It went from a dungeon to an actual living space. Great job. Is there a bathroom down there or laundry?

Looks great, the lighting alone made a big difference!  Would be interested to see the numbers if you're willing to share!

@Anthony Rodriguez Thank you for your kind words. The laundry is on the other side (unfinished side) of basement, but there is no bathroom. I was tempted to put in one, so that the basement alone would be more functional, and might become a rental unit as it has separate entrance. But my husband is not a fan of that idea. So we leave it the way it is. 

@Kiley Nakamura Thank you Kiley. 

$558 for floor materials, $3350 for labor and other materials.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.