Hello, I’m new to BP and I’m in the process of buying my first investment property. And my question is “I’m looking to ways to make the property rental friend and make sure the house stays in good shape etc. flooring, cabinets and other applications. Any information will be greatly appreciated
No carpet, simple appliances (refrigerator without automatic ice/water), water alarm next to hot water, washer and dryer
Welcome to the site @Keyoddie Walthall
As a property manager with a portfolio above $50M who has dealt with 1,000's of tenants over the years here are some things we do to our units to make them more "tenant friendly."
Whenever possible remove carpet & install vinyl allure flooring or refinish the hardwoods
- Remove all ceiling fans
- Remove garbage disposals
- Install non locking door handles
- Replace wooden windows (think lead based paint issues)
- Paint everything one neutral color (agreeable gray is the most popular right now)
- Remove anything that hangs off the wall or has unnecessary moving parts (ex chandelier, wall mounted towel bars)
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing