Hardwood flooring - Chicago area

9 Replies

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a good supplier of hardwood flooring in the Chicago area (= cheaper), besides Floor and Decor and Lumber Liquidators? Thank you so much in advance!!!!

Lucia

are you looking for just materials or service as well?  I know a few guys in Chicago 

For great value check out Costco. I've been using their 'Harmonics' oak laminate. 8mm thick + a pre attached 2mm pad; cost is around $1.46 per sqft. Very easy to install, 6 inch wide planks. 

Here are a few pics of a recent install...

Hi  

@Joshua Crossman , it would be great if you could share the information about the guys too. Thanks!

And @Christian Wathne , thanks for the tip on the Costco floor. It looks really nice, but for the price point of this house it really needs to be solid hardwood. 

Thanks to both of you!

Lucia

@Lucia Matos - if you are looking for material (not the install) try A American custom flooring. They are in Niles so not far from you. Usually very competitive on pricing and we always price the material out separately from the install. If that doesn't work out send me a message. We are a custom home builder in Chicago so I may have another recommendation for you. Good luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here